Are we alone in the universe? This is a fundamental question that intrigues us all.
On September 21, 2016, NASA scientists and stakeholders came together at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum for a presentation on the agency’s search for life beyond Earth.
“The Search for Life” featured presentations from some of NASA’s leading scientists, including the late former astronaut, Dr. Piers Sellers. Through compelling visualizations, “The Search for Life” takes you on a journey through the solar system and beyond, exploring the possibility of life existing on Mars, the solar system’s outer moons, and exoplanets.
Keynote speakers include:
· John P. Holdren, assistant to the president for science and technology, director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy, and co-chair of the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology;
· Gavin A. Schmidt, director of NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies and principal investigator for the GISS ModelE Earth System Model;
· Jen Eigenbrode, research astrobiologist in the Goddard Planetary Environments Laboratory;
· Aki Roberge, research astrophysicist in the Goddard Exoplanets and Stellar Astrophysics Laboratory; and
· Piers Sellers, deputy director of the Goddard Sciences and Exploration Directorate.
Credit: NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center/Swarupa Nune
This video is public domain and along with other supporting visualizations can be downloaded from the Scientific Visualization Studio at: http://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/12479
Subscribe For More Videos Like This: http://www.youtube.com/user/ouramazingspace?sub_confirmation=1
See my latest videos : https://www.youtube.com/user/ouramazingspace/videos
Bringing you the BEST Space and Astronomy videos online. Showcasing videos and images from the likes of NASA,ESA,Hubble etc.
Join me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/spaceisamazing
Google+ : http://goo.gl/1WCBn9
Music by Keving Macleod