If we want to discover alien life out there in the universe, we first need to figure out where to look—and what we're even looking for. Will it be biological like us? Could it be artificial, or take some other form we haven't yet considered? And how do we find something so fundamentally different from ourselves? In this program, scientists devise plans for searching for beings beyond Earth while they grapple with the very definition of life.
PARTICIPANTS: Lisa Kaltenegger, Caleb Scharf, Susan Schneider, Sara Walker
MODERATOR: Nicole Stott
MORE INFO ABOUT THE PROGRAM AND PARTICIPANTS: https://www.worldsciencefestival.com/programs/e-t-phone-home-aliens-nature-life/
This program is part of the BIG IDEAS SERIES, made possible with support from the JOHN TEMPLETON FOUNDATION.
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel and "ring the bell" for all the latest videos from WSF
- VISIT our Website: http://www.worldsciencefestival.com/
- LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/worldscience...
- FOLLOW us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/WorldSciFest
- Produced by John Plummer
- Associate Produced by Laura Dattaro
- Opening film written / produced by John Plummer, animation by Derek Breur
- Music provided by APM
- Additional images and footage provided by: Getty Images, Shutterstock, Videoblocks
This program was recorded live at the 2018 World Science Festival and has been edited and condensed for YouTube.